bubblegum background

Friday 7 January 2011

Happy New Year! I think this one will be a good one!

So I have a lot planned for the new year!! A lot of exciting ideas and new projects lined up!

First off, next week I will be selling my designs at Japan Festival Berlin. The event is being held at Urania on Saturday 15th - Sunday 16th January 2011. 10am-6pm both days! I am really looking forward to it because it will be the first big event I will be selling my designs at! So I am pretty busy at the moment, working on stuff for that!

In February I have been asked to make a pin up style Valentines day collection for an exhibition called SemiDomesticated where it will be an opportunity for me to show my designs and hopefully get some buyers interested. Each piece has to be made with something vintage or an up-cycled fabric, which is really interesting. I went shopping for fabrics in England a few weeks back. I was looking for some power mesh to start making a girdle, and the shop assistant pulled out some very vintage power mesh that she said was from around the 1950s which was fabulous! Exactly what I was looking for!

Anyway before I exhibit any work, plans are being made to do a huge photo-shoot with Berlin based Photographer Markus Esser. I have a few models already lined up but still searching for some more. I really need models that have larger bra cup sizes, like E onwards because I am making bras for ladies who have a fuller chest. I want to show the different shapes and sizes that I can work with!

The collection will also show a variety of new Corsets as well as new items of Lingerie for my Spring / Summer Collection 2011!

Also have plans in February to start teaching a new Costume Course at Linkle Stitch 'N' Bitch sewing cafe. I plan to teach students how to make a female Costume from 4 different century's, starting from the 1600's. I had a lot of experience working on these kinds of costumes from this period when I was working in Italy! The next course will look into making a costume from around 1770, something you would imagine Marie Antoinette to of worn. Then a costume from the Victorian period to a very simple "Flapper" dress from the 1920s. However I am still researching all the details before I set a date! I will be back soon with more information!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the designs!
    Please post pictures
    Looks like am exciting year for you
    Keep us updated

    Ps beautifully written

    ReplyDelete